End of year business review
2012 has been another tough year for many businesses. As Christmas arrives and the New Year approaches, it is a great time to sit back and reflect.
• Take a good look at your business and how it performed in 2012.
• What were your goals for 2012? Did you achieve them?
• What were the high points?
• What were the low points?
• How successful was your marketing strategy?
• How well did your business use social media?
• How was your work/life balance?
• Has your business adversely affected your health?
• Remind yourself about what is really important to you.
• What are your long term goals?
• What is the USP (unique selling point) of your business? Are you making the most of it?
• What are the goals for your business in 2013?
• What are the goals for your personal life and do these fit with your business goals?
• In the light of your reflections, do you need to amend your business plan?
• What actions can you take to build upon the successes of the past year?
• What actions can you take to avoid the repetition of the low points?
• Do you need to alter your marketing strategy or the way you use social media?
• Do you need to change the way you work to improve your health or relationships?
• Decide when you are going to work over Christmas and the New Year and be realistic about what you can achieve during those reduced hours.
• Set your out-of-office email message so that your clients know when you will be available over the holiday period.
• Don’t commit to deadlines which it will be hard to achieve and have the potential to ruin your Christmas break.
• Spend time with your family and friends and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas!